We can all agree there are unspoken rules of dating but we may not agree on what those rules are. Here are some outdated dating myths you should let go of in 2020, according to “Life Hacker.”
- “Dating apps are embarrassing” — And are job search sites embarrassing when looking for a job?
- “You should go on on as many dates as possible” — Are you asking for burnout?
- “You can’t get better at dating” — Dating is actually a skill that requires confidence!
- “There has to be a ‘spark’ right away.” — Some amazing relationships start out as slow burns.
- “The man pays the bill.” — Thank u, next
- “Opposites attract.” — This notion stops at religion, politics, and values.
- “Just be yourself!”— Let’s rephrase this to, “you should be the best version of yourself.”
Source: Life Hacker