Nobody wants to have friends over when their house is a mess, but it seems a lot of people don’t just worry about how their house looks, they worry about how it smells too.
A new survey commissioned by Scentsy and conducted by OnePoll finds:
- 75% of people say how a house smells is a reflection of who you are.
- Another 75% say how a person’s house smells leaves a long-lasting impression.
- 69% are concerned others will think their house smells.
- 70% will do whatever possible to make sure their house smells good, with the average person spending $221 a year to make sure that’s the case.
- Two in three people claim their house has a “signature scent.”
- 49% describe the scent as sweet.
- 47% say it’s the scent of their own cooking.
- 46% say it’s the scent of their favorite candle.
- 70% of people say they love the smell of their home.
- And how a person’s house smells can play a big role in their mood.
- The ways their house scent makes them feel include:
- Relaxed (63%)
- Happy (54%)
- Energetic (53%)
- Nostalgic (46%)
- Hungry (35%)
Source: SWNS Digital