Sometimes you desperately need some time to yourself and all you can manage is locking yourself in the bathroom for 15 minutes of peace. It’s not long, but it’s still an escape from the kids and the chaos of the day. So if you’re able to take this short break, these are some ways to de-stress in a flash so you’re recharged and ready to deal with the rest of the day.
- Do a face mask - Use your 15 minutes to treat your skin to a little TLC. It’s calming and soothing and you may come out of the bathroom with a more glowing complexion.
- Listen to music - Doesn’t matter what you’re in the mood for, music is an ideal way to elevate your mood in an instant. Bring your phone with you so you can listen to music that will help you emerge from the bathroom reinvigorated.
- Meditate - Even just 15 minutes of meditation can help you find your zen and lower those stress levels. If the kids start banging on the door asking for a snack, do your best to tune them out and keep your head in the serenity.
- Clean - This isn’t a stress-relieving task for everyone, but for some, cleaning can release endorphins, which reduce stress and leave you feeling happy.
- Pedicure - A few minutes in the bathroom is the ideal time for some self-care in the form of a pedicure. With no kids around, you can actually focus on what you’re doing and come out with less stress and pretty toes.
- Bring a snack - Want to enjoy that candy bar or bag of chips you’ve been saving? Take it with you into the bathroom, where no one will ask you to share or question the nutritional value of what you’re eating.
- Talk on the phone - It can be tough to find a few quiet minutes to catch up with a friend on the phone, but the bathroom escape is perfect for it. That quick conversation lets you reconnect with a bestie without being interrupted five times.
- Read - Grab one of the magazines or books you haven’t had time to get to yet and disappear into the pages for 15 minutes.