Planning a family vacation isn’t always easy. There are a lot of things to consider, and it seems parents really need to pay attention to their kids, because a new survey says they have big opinions when it comes to vacations.
The survey of kids five to 15 by RVshare finds:
- 64% of kids, and that includes the youngest ones, want to be a part the decision making process.
- 96% want to plan at least one part of the trip.
- 46% want to help plan where they go.
- 77% want to help plan what they do on vacation.
- When it comes to the right time for vacation, 39% of pre-teens and 44% of teens would to wait until the school year ends.
- But 57% of those five to eight want to go right now.
- So, what are kids looking for when it comes to vacations?
- 82% say they enjoy going on adventures.
- 80% like to explore new places.
- 52% like being active.
- 34% like to meet new kids.
- 58% of kids say seeing their family having fun is the best part of a family vacation.
- 91% say spending time with their family is really important to them.
- 51% say spending time with family is the best part of a family vacation.
And it seems some kids even enjoy getting stuck in the car with their family.
- 98% of kids say they enjoy going on road trips with the fam.
- Things they love about road trips include:
- Snacking on junk food in the car (80%).
- Deciding where to eat (71%).
- 53% of kids five to eight enjoy road games and singalongs.
- But only 44% of pre-teens and 40% of teens enjoy games and singalongs.
Source: Yahoo Finance