Lately we are constantly hearing about the Great Resignation, but what is causing so many people to leave their jobs? Well, a new survey set out to discover just that and it turns out many workers simply want to know they are appreciated. The new Bonusly poll finds:
- 63% of workers say they feel unappreciated by their employer daily.
- 59% insist they’ve never had an employer who actually appreciated their work.
- Recognition is so important to some that 29% would give up a week’s pay just for more recognition from their boss.
- As for why they feel unappreciated:
- 41% say it’s because of favoritism among employees from management.
- 39% say it’s management’s lack of communication and recognition.
- 46% of those polled have left a job because they felt unappreciated.
- Although 65% say they would stay with an unappreciative manager if they felt recognized by their co-workers and peers.
But showing appreciation isn’t the only area workers think employers need to improve. Other areas include:
- Compensation (32%)
- Benefits (PTO, medical care, etc.) (30%)
- Flexibility (work from home, hours, etc.) (29%)
- Management (29%)
- Career development programs (28%)
- Job security (28%)