While the idea of going out on the weekend, whether to a party or to just hang with friends, sounds fun, the reality is most people would rather skip it.
A new survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf of the Idaho Wine Commissionof Americans 21 and older finds:
- 75% of people say the best weekend is one with no plans.
- 71% say they hope their plans get canceled so they can stay in.
- 69% prefer to stay home on weeknights, while 38% admit they also like to stay home on weekends.
- 40% say their love of staying in started in their thirties.
So, what are all these people doing if they are not going out?
- Well, during the week, the perfect night in includes:
- Binge watching TV (53%)
- Reading a book from start to finish (32%).
- Going for a nice walk (30%)
- A walk is also one of the activities of a perfect weekend (39%), as is:
- Read a book start to finish (36%)
- Sleep in (35%)
- Binge-watch TV (34%)
- Play a board game (21%)
- Watch movies (20%)
- Play video games (19%)
- Cook/bake (19%)
- Clean/organize my home (12%)
- Try a new wine (12%)
- Try new cocktails (11%)
- Puzzles (11%)
- Garden (9%)
- Try a new self-care routine (7%)
Source: SWNS Digital