Plenty of folks will be gathering together Sunday for the Super Bowl but whether they are actually watching the game is a whole other story. A new YouGov poll finds:
- 52% of Americans say they will be watching the Super Bowl on Sunday.
- And that includes 63% of men and 39% of women.
- 27% of Americans say their favorite part of the Super Bowl is the commercials.
- More women than men are only in it for the commercials (32% vs. 23%).
- This year’s half-time show features Dr. Dre, Snoop Dogg, Eminem, Mary J. Blige and Kendrick Lamar, with 17% of Americans say halftime is their favorite part of Super Bowl Sunday.
- Again, women are more likely than men to be tuning in just for halftime (25% vs. 11%).
And when it comes to the game…
- 53% of Americans don’t care whether the Cincinnati Bengals or the Los Angeles Rams win the game.
- Although 47% of likely viewers think the Rams will win, compared to 32% who think the Bengals will win.