Being a parent can result in couples losing the romance in their relationship, but for a lot of folks that spark is certainly still there, and going on dates is key to keeping it. A new Care.com survey of parents with kids five to 18 finds:
- 72% say they still get butterflies when they see their partner.
- Another 75% describe meeting their partner as “love at first sight.”
- But keeping the romance alive, especially over the past two years, hasn’t been easy.
- 78% say regular date nights are crucial to keep the spark alive.
- On average, parents have had only seven date nights since the beginning of the pandemic.
- Although 72% of parents say that before the pandemic they usually preferred to stay in than have date nights.
- In fact, 79% say they only have date nights on special occasions.
- When parents do get to go out, they say the perfect date night consists of:
- Movies (47%)
- Dinner (46%
- Talking (46%)
- Dancing (44%)
- Relaxing (42%)
- With Valentine’s Day coming up, 76% of parents say the romantic holiday is an important date night.
- And believe it or not, more men are more interested in V-day than women (85% vs. 80%).
Source: SWNS Digital