We’ve all had our fair share of bad dates. To ensure your behavior isn’t the reason for someone else’s bad date, avoid doing these seven things:
- Talking about your ex/past relationships– Whether you’re talking negatively or positively about an ex, it doesn’t matter. Don’t bring up your ex especially if they didn’t ask you about them.
- Being late with no notice or being excessively late, even with notice– Try your best not to be late but if you are, at least keep them updated on when you will arrive and apologize when you finally do.
- Having your phone out or texting someone else– It’s rude and it’s one of the most obvious signs that you’re more interested in literally anything else other than them.
- Talking about any one topic (especially work – or yourself) too much– The conversation should be give-and-take.
- Be rude to a server – or anyone– Treat people with kindness and respect, no matter who it is. In fact, your date is probably watching you for this.
- Not tipping well– It’s best to be a big tipper and show you’re generous.
- Flipping the “off” switch if not interested– Even if it’s not a match still try and make the date a good experience for everyone.