Men are known for being “logical thinkers” while women are more “emotional.” This could explain some of our communication issues with one another. Women also like to drop hints and aren’t always direct leaving the men to figure it out themselves. Here’s a basic guide to this:
- "I’m fine." Translation: “I’m not really fine, but just let me be. I am done trying to explain myself to you, you just don’t get it.”
- "Whatever." Translation: “It is what it is, you may have won this one, but I will not admit it and accept defeat.”
- "I’ll be ready in five minutes." Translation: “Five minutes equals an hour, maybe a few hours. I just need to re-do my hair and makeup, get my purse ready, look in the mirror a million times and take a few hundred selfies before I can leave the house.”
- “I’ve been busy.” Translation: “I am not interested in you enough to make time to see you or make plans with you. I’d rather spend time with my girlfriends or go shopping. You are the last thing on my mind.”
- "Leave me alone." Translation: “Go away for a few minutes until I calm down, then I expect you to come back and cuddle me”.
- "We need to talk." Translation: “I need you to listen, you probably did something to make me mad and you need to hear me out."
- "Do whatever you want." Translation: “Actually, don’t do whatever you want. I am just testing you. I am daring you, not permitting you”
- "It’s not you, it’s me." Translation: “It’s definitely you”
- "Nothing." Translation:“ Everything is wrong. Absolutely everything. I’m a ticking bomb waiting to explode. Be very afraid.”
- "I don’t know what I want to eat." Translation:“ I am craving a cheeseburger right now, but you know what pasta sounds good too. Oh, I heard there’s a new Asian restaurant around the corner.”