Pinterest claims itself as the platform people use when they plan for the future, which means the site knows a little something about trends before they hit the mainstream. The"Pinterest Predicts 2022"report says these style trends will be big this year based on their interest growth in 2021.
- Be Jeweled: This trend includes accessorizing bodies with gemstones and embellishments. Pedicure with rhinestones searches went up 150% and crystal eye makeup went up 110%.
- Puff Love: Searches are up 165% for high puff styles. These hairstyles are perfect for wavy, curly, coiled textured hair. Also think like, space buns.
- Rebel Cuts: Mullets are back! Searches for the term are up 190%. Other “rebellious” styles include bob-cut wigs, octopus haircut, and short hair Mohawk.
- Nailscapes: Millennials are leading this trend and they’re looking to turn their nails into landscapes and natural wonders. Galaxy nail art searches went up to 115% and desert nails are up 105%.
- Check Yourself: Searches for checkerboard nails, patterns, and suits are all up. So are checkered tile floors and rugs.
- Dopamine Dressing: Users are searching for vibrant fashion colors. “Feel-good” outfit trends include electric blue outfits (up 140%) and gradient dresses (up 95%).
- Hellenistic Revival: The ancient-greek aesthetic is taking over Gen Z’s jewelry collections and homes. Greek jewelry was up 120% and terms like Aphrodite aesthetic wallpaper went up 180%.
- Oh My Goth: Pinterest is expecting goth will return into the mainstream this year and it’s going to be everywhere. Even goth baby pajamas!
- Pearlcore: People are looking for ways to incorporate peals in everything from home decor to clothing.