A lot of people have their go-to drink in the morning, and nothing can change their routine, but there are plenty of people out there who like to mix things up, and there are all sorts of ways they do that. A new survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf ofDutch Brosfinds:
- While 30% of those polled say they are loyal to their usual drink, many feel they have what it takes to experiment and come up with tasty concoctions.
- In fact, 45% of folks say they like to mix things up.
- 50% say they will select a random drink when they want to mix things up a bit.
- Another 50% will try to create something on their own.
- With close to half of folks frequenting their regular coffee spot more than once a week, 65% say they would gladly try a drink recommended by their barista.
- Another 48% would take recommendations from family and friends.
- While 20% found their go-to drink browsing on social media.
And for many a menu is just a suggestion.
- While 35% of people do like to order right off the menu, 25% prefer a custom drink and 31% do both.
- The most common way they customize a drink is by changing toppings (71%).
- Others will swap out the milk, with almond milk being the favorite milk substitution (48%), followed by coconut milk (43%).
- Some folks are so open to experimenting they’d even try some weird combinations, including:
- Chocolate milk and coffee (36%)
- Iced coffee and lemonade (29%)
- Cola and coffee (29%)
- Cola and lemonade (28%)
- Milk and ginger ale (26%)