While it’s always important for women to support women, that doesn’t mean us gals have to agree with everything our fellow gals do and now some women are calling each other out.
It all started when someone on Reddit posed the question, “Women, what do you wish your fellow women would stop doing immediately?,” and plenty of gals had some things to say.
- “Trying to get me to join their MLM (multi-level marketing)”
- “If you hover, wipe your mess up! Stop being a nasty person when in a public restroom. No one wants to clean up after you and you should be grown enough to know to clean up after yourself.”
- “Having children to "fix" their failing relationships.”
- “This specifically relates to influencers but they need to stop denying that they've had plastic surgery. It feeds into the unrealistic beauty standards we already have.”
- “Acting stupider than they really are.”
- “Stop thinking you are in a competition with every other woman. You somehow always have it MUCH better (lifestyle wise) than the other or MUCH worse (trauma wise). Can't we exchange our experiences without the thought of a competition behind it?”
- “Please stop asking women when they’re going to get married/have babies. So rude.”
- Assuming I'm into them when they find out I'm a lesbian. My straight friends also tend to say I'm lucky when they're annoyed with their boyfriends. It's kinda alienating and hurts my feelings but I can't really express why.
- "Stop inventing problems with your husband to share with "the girls" just to fit in. I can't stand the husband-bashing parties where they make their men sound stupid and get pissy if you don't join in."