A lot of people have good intentions to start their healthy new year off by taking part in Dry January, where you stay off the booze for a whole 31 days. But let’s face it, a lot of folks do not make it the entire month, and now a new report reveals when most folks are likely to give in and order their first cocktail. The study finds:
- 50% of adults give up Dry January by the second week in the month.
- More specifically, they partake in their first drink of the month on January 16th.
- 21% admitted that they were not likely to make it the entire month without a drink.
- 30% said they’d be happy if they make it alcohol free for two weeks.
As for why most people fail to complete the booze-free month:
- 31% missed the taste of booze.
- 29% admit thy struggle on social occasions.
- 28% say a bad day at the office would tempt them to drink.
- 27% say going out for food would be hard without the option for alcohol.
As for why they attempted it in the first place:
- 43% did it to improve their health.
- 36% were hoping it would help them lose weight.