We all have our own ways to celebrate the holidays and a new poll reveals what brings people the most joy during the holidays. The survey, conducted by OnePoll on behalf of Minted, asked 2-thousand Americans what the highlights of the season are for them. A majority of them are looking forward to reconnecting with loved ones, with two-thirds agreeing that spending quality time with family is the best part of the holidays.
Presents are an important part of the season and the survey finds:
- Almost seven in 10 Americans (68%) are more excited to give gifts than to receive this year
- 57% are excited to be giving more gifts this year and have more people than usual on their shopping lists.
- A third of respondents will be sending care packages to loved ones who live far away.
- 44% of Boomers say they’re looking forward to getting gift cards to their favorite stores
- Just over half (51%) of Millennials hope to unwrap a new piece of tech, but 52% would prefer a sentimental gift
- And two-thirds of respondents think a custom gift is the best present to give to family or friends
As for how people plan to spend their downtime during the holidays:
- More than three-quarters (78%) of those surveyed look forward to time-tested family traditions and 68% plan to try out new traditions this year.
- The two top traditions respondents plan on doing are watching holiday movies (57%) and decorating the Christmas tree (54%)
- Around half (51%) say making family recipes is their favorite tradition from childhood that they’ve continued as adults.