You might be suspecting that your partner is cheating on you, but you need hard evidence to prove it. Our phones are notorious for tracking every piece of our digital footsteps. If you dig deep enough, you’re bound to find something!
It is recommended to consult with an attorney first before you don’t violate any privacy laws, but if you’re looking to collect some “digital cheating crumbs” here are some good places to start and some major clues to pick up on:
- They’re glued to their phone - Are they obsessed with social media? Or worse - are they busy texting someone else? Take notice if they seem like they keep their phone turned away from you or always face down.
- Apps that hide secret calls and text - Some apps can be disguised as one thing, like a calculator, but can actually hold secret data like messages, photos, and contacts. Check their screen time and usage to see how much time they’re spending on those “calculator” apps.
- A secret second number - Make sure that “work” or “emergency” phone is truly that and not just a means to keep two different lives and lovers separate.
- Hidden documents and files - Most cheating men and women aren’t going to keep photos and videos anywhere just lying around. They might actually have them saved under unassuming file names like “third quarter goals.”
- Peep the phone’s location - Google users can check their “previous destinations” on the GPS. There’s also a way to find an iPhone user’s frequent locations in Settings, Privacy, Location Services, System Services and then Significant Locations.
Beyond ALL this, though? If you need to snoop…you probably shouldn’t be in that relationship anyway, right?