When ordering fast food there’s already an understanding for most, that you’re sacrificing quality for convenience. Reddit user u/Skylion72 wanted deeper insight from former and current fast food workers and asked them to reveal some of the most popular menu items that "people should absolutely stop ordering" from their restaurants. Take note of some of their replies:
- Waffle House Grits. Word is, these sit for hours
- Cupcakes/Coffee Cakes at Panera. They come frozen. On the other hand, sandwiches and salads do have real ingredients and are usually fresh.
- Shrimp Entrees from Panda Express. You’re getting jipped. They purposely use a smaller serving spoon to make it appear like you're getting a lot of food.
- Tropical Smoothie Cafe. Just because it’s a smoothie, doesn’t mean it’s healthy. All smoothies (except the detox ones) contain SO much sugar.
- Long John Silver’s. The “baked” cod? The workers says it’s actually microwaved.
- Everything at Applebee’s. Apparently, a lot of the food comes in frozen vacuum sealed packages that are thawed in vats of boiling water or microwaved. This includes steaks, burgers and chicken.
- Anything mocha from Starbucks. The worker was vague but mentioned, “it’s absurdly unhealthy and disgusting to work with.”
- Chicken salad sandwich from Chick-Fil-A. Once a chicken’s “hold time” is up, workers de-bread it and toss it in the chicken salad.