With Thanksgiving almost out of the way, it’s time to start focusing on Christmas, and there are a lot of things to love about the holiday, especially all the yummy Christmas candy there is to consume. But not everyone loves the candy options over the holiday time. In fact, there are some Christmas candies that are downright hated and a new survey reveals which ones they are.
- CandyStore.com surveyed 11,000 customers to discover their opinions on the worst holiday candy.
- Topping the list as the absolute worst holiday candy is Christmas Nougat.
- Last year was the first time in three years it didn’t top the list, but now it’s regained its most hated spot.
- Folks’ main issue is the peppermint flavor, which they find “inconsistent with expectations for a nougat candy,” with the chewy texture leaving people to expect caramel or chocolate flavors.
- As one person noted, “Squishy Christmas tree mint circle things. Squishy and minty is weird.”
Top 10 Worst Holiday Candy
- Christmas Nougat
- Chocolate Covered Cherry Cordials
- Reindeer Candy Corn
- Lifesaver Story Books
- Old Fashioned Hard Candy Mix
- Christmas Peeps
- Candy Canes – Non-Peppermint
- Ribbon Candy
- Chocolate Oranges
- Peppermint Bark