You know those insurance commercials about young people who buy a home and start acting like their parents? Well, they’re funny because for a lot of people they are totally true. But acting much older than you are isn’t usually a sudden thing, and some Millennials are revealing when they started noticing it happen.
A recent Reddit thread posed the question "Millennials: What was the most middle-aged thing you caught yourself saying recently?,” and it shows many young folks aren’t that young anymore.
Middle-aged things Millennials caught themselves saying include:
- "I can't go out for dinner. I have chicken in the fridge that I have to cook before it goes bad."
- "Calling a 21-year-old guy a 'kid.'"
- "It’s 8:30 p.m., a little late to start a movie."
- "Why is the music so loud in here?!"
- "Alcohol makes me sleepy."
- "Oh, no thank you. I can't have caffeine this late in the day, or I'll never get to sleep tonight."
- "I had a riveting conversation with some friends about the best office chairs for lumbar support."
- "While at Home Depot, I said, 'Oh yeah, that's some good lumber.'"
- "I have started letting out a classic dad groan when I stand up."
- "That's a nice box; keep it."
- "Quit touching the goddamn thermostat; you’re driving the bill up."
- "Starting sentences with 'when I was your age...' to my 20-year-old coworkers."
- "Workin' hard or hardly workin'?!”
- “Where's the good stapler?"