While most of us know that getting off our butts and exercising is good for our health, there are still plenty of us who just don’t do it. In fact, according to the CDC, 22.7% of those 20 and older lead completely sedentary lives, which for some could lead to premature deaths.
It shouldn’t be too much of a shock to hear that there are people in some states that are way lazier than others, and now a new report reveals where those lazy people are. Unfortunately, our state tops the list.
- 24/7 Wall Street just came out with their list of the Laziest States in the U.S.
- They based their findings on County Health Rankings & Roadmaps, a Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute report.
- The states are ranked based on the share of adults 20 and older who report no leisure-time physical activity.
- We're #1 on the list in Arkansas, where 30.4% of the population don’t exercise, and 63.5% have no access to places for physical activity.
- Also, we have the fifth-highest adult obesity rate, at 35%.
Top 10 Laziest States in the U.S.
(click herefor the complete rankings)
- West Virginia
- As for the least lazy state, that would be Colorado, where only 14.8% of the population don't exercise. Colorado also has the lowest adult obesity rate in the nation (22.4%).
Source:24/7 Wall Street