While some of us may not be ready for it, it’s time to face the facts that the holiday season is upon us, and for a lot of people, that translates to a lot of stress. A new survey conducted by OnePoll on behalf ofWalgreens finds:
- Over a quarter of Americans say the last three months of the year are the most stressful.
- 43% of people expect to be more stressed this year than last year.
- Women are more likely than men to feel holiday stress (73% vs. 66%).
So, what is everyone so stressed about?
- Well, the most common thing folks are worried about is their gifts being delivered late (48%), followed by:
- Safety/health concerns of in-person events and shopping (48%)
- Traffic when shopping/traveling (43%)
- Weather conditions while shopping/traveling (42%)
- Safety/health concerns at family gatherings (40%)
- Bigger crowds when shopping in-person (39%)
- Staying within budget (25%)
- Seeing family/friends for the first time in months (23%)
But there are ways to manage that holiday stress so the season isn’t ruined for you.
- Ways folks plan to manage their holiday stress this year include:
- Shop online instead of in person (49%)
- Shop early for holiday-related food/items (47%)
- Shop at retailers that offer gift cards or discounts on future purchases (46%)
- Shop for items that are discounted/on sale (45%)
- Decorate the house early (37%)
- Meditate/relax (32%)
- Exercise (28%)
- Focus on my personal nutrition and well-being (24%)