While it may only be October, a lot of people are already in a holiday mindset, with a lot of people already hitting the stores to check off their holiday shopping list. According to a new survey:
- 30% of consumers plan to start their holiday shopping before November.
- Of those people, 16% have already started their holiday shopping, and 14% say they will start this month.
- Most people, 17%, say they will start their shopping in early/mid November.
- Of course there are still plenty of procrastinators, with:
- 9% starting in early December.
- 4% starting mid-December
- And 2% actually waiting until the week of Christmas to shop.
- Baby Boomers are the most likely to say they are skipping holiday shopping altogether (22%).
- Overall, 23% of people say they will likely spend less this holiday season than they did last year.
- 15% of people who say they are confident in their holiday season will spend more.
- Among the most popular gifts being purchased this year:
Smartphones and smartwatches (18%)
- Beauty and personal care technologies (18%)
- Computers, laptops, related accessories (17%)
- Video games (16%)
- Video game consoles (8%)
- Tablets or e-readers (8%)
- Crypto currencies (7%)
- Smart home appliances (7%)
- DNA kits (3%)