You ever make the mistake at smiling at a guy, only for him to assume you’re falling in love? It turns out a lot of women change otherwise “innocent” behavior when they’re around men. Reddit userThrowYourToothbrushhas asked women what things they avoid doing around guys… and the answers are pretty relatable.
- Showing affection. "General affection. Even with hugs and compliments, I'm pretty reserved unless our relationship is clearly drawn out and we both know that nothing is being implied."
- Giving compliments. "I once gave a compliment to my friend at a party. I just said that his shirt looked nice on him, and then all his peers went 'ooooooooooooooooooh' behind him. I really just wanted to compliment my friend. I never gave a compliment to him ever again."
- Bending over. "If I have to pick something off the ground, I bend my legs and squat down to do it so it doesn't look like I'm showing off my ass, even though it'd be a lot easier to just bend down."
- Admitting you play video games. "If I bring up gaming early on, I usually get one of two responses: Either the guy keeps hitting on me relentlessly, or I get the 'Gaming Pop Quiz.' Any woman who plays games knows exactly what the 'Gaming Pop Quiz' is."
- Mentioning you have a girlfriend. “You know how saying you have a boyfriend is normally pretty good for making guys go away? Well, saying you have a girlfriend just leads to a bunch of gross questions and offers, like, 'If you're ever looking for a threesome, hit me up.'”
Check out more of the responsesHERE.