We keep hearing about the Great Resignation, with more and more workers leaving their jobs for bigger and better things. So, what will it take for companies to attract, and/or hold on to their employees? Well, a new survey reveals just what workers are looking for these days.
The Robert Half poll finds:
- Salary is still a pretty big issue for most employees.
- 49% of workers think they are earning less than they deserve.
- That’s particularly true for Gen Z (57%) and women (52%).
- 31% say they would consider quitting their job without getting a raise by the end of the year.
- That’s particularly true for working parents (36%) and those ages 18 to 24 (48%).
- On a positive note, salaries for professional occupations are expected to increase 3.8% in 2022.
- What’s more, 48% of employers are offering signing bonuses to entice new workers.
- But it’s not just about money for a lot of jobseekers. Workers are looking for other perks including:
- Flexible work schedules (66%)
- Remote work options (56%)
- Employee discounts (37%)