Just because summer is over doesn’t mean folks are planning to stop traveling. In fact, a new report suggests a lot of people have travel plans, and now we know where folks are going.
TripAdvisor has come out with their annual Fall Travel Trends report which finds:
- 54% of Americans plan to travel between September 1stand November 30th.
- That’s 13% less travelers than this summer, but 4% more than in the spring.
- 63% of Americans plan to take two or more trips this fall.
- Overall, 84% of fall travelers will stay in the U.S., while 16% are planning international trips.
So, where is everybody going?
Top 10 Fall Travel Destinations
- Las Vegas, NV
- New York City, NY
- Orlando, FL
- Myrtle Beach, SC
- Ocean City, MD
- Honolulu, HI
- Nashville, TN
- Chicago, IL
- Miami Beach, FL
- Virginia Beach, VA
- As for international destinations, folks aren’t venturing off too far, with spots in Mexico the most popular places to go.
- Cancun is the top international destination, followed by Cabo San Lucas, and Playa del Carmen.