While summer isn’t even officially over, many adults, and plenty of stores, are already focusing on Halloween, which means shelves are filled with yummy candy. Of course, some Halloween candies are more popular than others, and a new survey reveals which ones are everyone’s favorites.
- In case you missed it, the National Confectioners Association, has revealed the top Halloween treats for this season.
- Overall, chocolate is the top choice for Halloween candy, with 60% of people preferring chocolate treats, and 40% preferring non-chocolate treats.
- After chocolate, America’s favorite Halloween treat is gummy candy, followed by candy corn.
- Candy corn can certainly be a divisive treat, but those who do like it have a specific way they like to eat.
- 52% enjoy eating the whole piece at once.
- 31% start at the narrow white end.
- 17% start with wider yellow end.
Many parents and kids had to skip Halloween last year due to the pandemic, and they definitely plan to make up for it this year.
- 82% of people plan to celebrate Halloween this year, with that number going up to 93% for young parents.
- 80% plan to bring back trick or treating this year.
- 79% of Americans will get into the Halloween spirit by filling their Halloween candy bowl this year.