Who doesn’t love a vacation? The idea of a getaway is almost always exciting, although thy can definitely be more stressful as we get older, and apparently that's putting a damper on some folks' good time. A new survey conducted by OnePoll and commissioned byApple Vacations finds:
- 40% of adults say the delight they felt as a kid taking a vacation goes away as an adult.
- That could be because 51% say they stress about the cost, while 36% stress out about planning and 33% worry about remembering to pack everything.
- It seems a lot of adults miss the excitement they used to feel about going on vacation when they were a child.
- But 50% of those with fond childhood vacation memories say that the excitement of taking a vaca doesn’t go away.
- 54% say vacations are a great way to relive those childhood memories.
- Some of folks’ favorite vacation memories from childhood include:
- Smelling the beach air (53%)
- Eating ice cream (50%)
- Eating hot dogs (27%)
- Eating funnel cake (23%)
- And most parents do hope to create the same vacation memories with their kids.
- In fact, 80% of parents plan to continue their family vacation traditions in order to build those bonds with their family.