Plenty of people like to give others advice, whether they asked for it or not, and lots of times that advice is bad, or just goes in one ear and out the other. But once in a while someone receives some words of wisdom that really resonate with them, and now folks are sharing.
Someone on Reddit recently posed the question “What advice did someone give you that changed your life?,” and folks were happy to pass along the sage advice.
- “Not everything in your brain needs to come out of your mouth.”
- “If you are getting frustrated it’s perfectly ok to walk away for a bit a come back to the problem, it’s better to walk away and come back with a clear head then just getting more frustrated”
- “Don’t make permanent decisions on temporary emotions.”
- “To truly become the best, you must strive to surpass yourself. Not the competition.”
- “To truly listen to your partner get past your anger and defensiveness and be vulnerable and only then can you listen to their needs and change yourself. Being vulnerable doesn’t make you weak.”
- “Never have an argument with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.”
- “Comparison is the thief of joy.”
- “Don’t worry about what other people are thinking about you, because everyone is only thinking about themselves.”
- “Always consider how much effort you had to put in to earn the money you’re about to spend.”