Frozen beverages have always been a great choice for summer drinks but the new category of boozy ice pops has really started to gain traction over the past year or so. The base alcohol used for these treats is all over the map with wine, beer, vodka, rum and agave spirit being the most popular and the folks at Vinepair have compiled a list of 11 of their favorites that you may want to give a try.
- Sliq Spirited Ice Mango Margarita– an agave spirit base with a fresh mango flavor.
- Claffey’s Frozen Cocktails Ice Blue– a wine-based popsicle , 6% ABV and has a slushy texture like you might find in a movie theater.
- Truly Lemonade Freeze Pops Mango– has a balance of lemon and mango flavors with a crunchy texture.
- Fruta Pop Strawberry Guava Margarita– one of the booziest tasting of the group at 5% ABV with a definite tequila twinge.
- Sliq Spirited Ice Lemonade– a bitter note and strong citrus flavor and at 8% ABV is stronger than many of the others on the list.
- Sh!vr Frozen Sparkling Wine Ice Pop Lemon– reminiscent of Italian ice with 4.7% ABV and is packaged in paper versus plastic.
- Truly Lemonade Freeze Pops Original– tastes just like a can of Truly Lemonade with 5% ABV.
- Fruta Pop Ginger Lime Mule– a popular choice with Vinepair with a fresh, spicy sweetness.
- Naturdays Strawberry Lemonade Frozen Icicles– tastes like a can of Naturdays beer with a flavor of pink lemonade and remained slightly soft when fully frozen.
- Cutwater Frozen Cocktails Gin Melon– like biting into a fresh watermelon with a base of gin.
- Bud Light Seltzer Frozen Icicles Cherry Limeade– the favorite of Bud Light’s Seltzer icicle flavor with 5% ABV and only 30 calories.
You have a ton of choices with this list and summer is already half-over so if boozy ice pops are your thing you need to get busy!