While we often hear of women having a hard time finding a man interested in a serious relationship, the opposite may be true this summer, because a new survey suggests men are the ones more interested in finding something long-term. A new Dating.com survey finds:
- 63% of men say they are looking for a serious relationship this summer.
- Surprisingly, that’s only true for 37% of women.
- In fact, 60% of women are more interested in enjoying a “hot girl summer,” meaning they are more focused on self-care, their friends, and enjoying their single life.
- What’s more, over 20% of women have no interest in a relationship this summer under any circumstance.
- And it sounds like men are understanding about that, with 30% saying they are okay staying loyal to a summer relationship, even if the gal doesn't want that.
- Plus, 55% of men say they are open to having just a summer fling even if they are interested in something more.
But when it comes to dating overall, the past year+ has had an effect on singles.
- 86% of those polled say that during the past year of lockdowns they have reflected on and re-evaluated their dating behaviors.
- 85% say they’ve set new relationship and love life goals for the next five years.