Many single people are ready to get back out there again, and of course some are hitting the dating apps to find potential matches.
A new YouGov poll finds:
- 9% of Americans are currently using dating apps, and 28% have done so in the past.
- Those currently using dating apps go up to 17% for Millennials.
- 32% of folks who say they are single and looking for a partner are using dating apps.
- Not surprising, the most common reason to be on a dating app is to look for an exclusive romantic partner (54%), but that is far from the only reason.
- Other reasons include:
- To have something fun/interesting to do (34%)
- To have casual sex (26%)
- To make platonic/non-romantic connections (25%)
- To see what the app is like (23%)
- To find a non-exclusive romantic partner (20%)
- To boost my self-esteem (18%)
- To find someone for a friend (18%)
But not all motives are pure.
- The poll finds 6% actually admit they are on dating apps to cheat on their partner.
- That number goes up to 9% for men, as compared to 3% of women.