Since we are totally done with 2020, it’s time to move on with some new foods and drinks for our taste buds in 2021. Here’s a list of 15 of the top trends to expect this year.
- Plant-Based Foods– 28% of people say they have been eating more plant based proteins during the pandemic and expect this to continue whether its personal choice or lack of meats at your grocery store
- Breakfast– many folks are spending more time at home and have the time to experiment with the first meal of the day without rushing off to work. Instagram and TikTok have some great ideas.
- Cooking Crafts– whipped coffee, strawberry milk, peanut butter milk and pancake waffle cereal are a few of these inventive ideas.
- Pickling/Fermenting– canning was big in 2020 and Mason jar lids were out of stock and this will continue into 2021.
- Virtual Cooking Classes– since it’s difficult to have in-person events many chefs are jumping on the bandwagon of food preparation in your own kitchen.
- Homemade Pasta– with a pasta attachment for your KitchenAid mixer and the right kind of flour you can make your own at home.
- Delivery Services– Amazon Fresh and many other businesses have jumped on this bandwagon to provide food and groceries straight to your door.
- Eco-Conscious Packaging– go-to containers made from balsa and tree stumps have become more prevalent and this will continue into 2021.
- Expanding Your Cultural Horizons– try new takeout places, new cuisines and anything else out of the ordinary.
- Individual Celebrations– since group get-togethers are out for the time being, grab some sweets or prepare a big meal for yourself and hope that everything is back to normal next year.
- Reasonably Priced Premium Alcohol– forget the cheap stuff – stay at home and spurge a little on your favorite liquor, beer or wine.
- At-Home Bartending– people are making their own alcohols, cocktails, wine and beer and by watching videos or Googling you can come up with some great concoctions.
- Boards Of All Kinds– whether its french fry boards, hot dog boards, charcuterie boards and everything else in between, this is a trend that will keep going this year.
- Take-And-Bake Kits– many restaurants and grocers are offering more of these do-it-yourself kits to enjoy more at home.
- Fast Food– fast, quick, easy and so 2021. Enough said.