During all this time we’ve been spending at home over the last few months, people have been tie-dying their clothes, baking banana bread and maybe trying out pink or blue in a DIY hair coloring project. And now that that’s done, these are some other surprising trends that are blowing up this summer.
- “Animal Crossing: New Horizons”- People are craving control during these times of chaos and what better place to get it than your own little island getaway in this Nintendo Switch game? People are loving it as a distraction and stress-reliever and that’s why it sold more than 13-million copies in the first six weeks after its release.
- Roller skating- This old school pastime is back big time thanks to TikTok creators likeAna Coto,Oh.ThatsReeseandKikiRolls. And roller skates are so popular, there are waitlists for trendy pairs, even on Amazon.
- Canned wine spritzers- You may remember the wine spritzer sugar bombs of the past, but the ones for 2020 taste buds come in options that are sugar-free, made with sparkling water, fruit juice and natural flavors. And some of these summer sippers ship for free, so you don’t even have to leave home to get them.
- Foot peels- Back in 2016, Baby Foot feet masks were all the rage and now the fun of chemically removing dead skin is back in style. Since regular pedicures may be sketchy these days, a DIY at-home pedi is a safe bet. These foot peels will shed excess layers of skin from your soles - with no scrubbing required - and they take a couple weeks for the both satisfying and gross process to work, so you’ll have something to look forward to.
- Cottagecore- It celebrates the simplicity of slower-paced life - think calico prints, indoor greenery, and laundry drying on a clothesline outside. The decor trend was already big on TikTok andInstagram, butTaylor Swift’snew video for her song “Cardigan” takes cottagecore to heights.